Translate this page: EnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish
search
top
Currently Browsing: Articles

LANARK LOCH. posted by Angela King.

LANARK  LOCH.  posted by Angela King. Lanark Loch is a man made body of water, situated on the outskirts of the ancient market town of Lanark, in south Lanarkshire. The story of the Loch began in the 18th century,   around the year 1745, when the population of the town was increasing, and water shortages were threatening the wellbeing of the residents of the town. Around 1745, three extra wells, the... read more

Ron Harris Lecture May 8th

Our next archaeological lecture will be by gazette reporter Ron Harris.   read more

Railway Accident Crawford 1909

Please click to download PDF accident report by Railway Dept Board of Trade BoT_Crawford1909 read more

MEMBERS NIGHT FEB 13th

On Monday February 13th there will be a member’s night and quiz organised by Scott main. This will take place Lanark Library at 7:30 pm. For further details and information  phone 01555 664403 or 01555 662683 …       read more

Major General Stevenson – Christ Church Lanark

Major General Stevenson and Christ Church – by Joan East The octagonal carved oak font cover, now restored to the back of the church was carved by Major General Thomas Rennie Stevenson CB of Sunnyside, Lanark and presented to Christ Church in 1920. His initials are carved into the base and inside is a small brass plaque giving this information. He was an expert wood carver and his work can be seen... read more

« Previous Articles · · ·

top