Feb 4, 2012
Unable to contact Google API service.
This village was formerly known as Torbrecks on the old maps such as Pont’s map of 1596 but it only really grew as a result of the nearby shale mines. The shale was cracked to make paraffin and the red by product was left behind in the form of tips which are a distinctive feature of the village. Most of the houses were built in the late nineteenth...